Because it's been a wonderful and packed weekend. Because it's September and I love everything about this month and because lists make me happy....
30 Things Right Now.
1. Saturday morning we went on a hike to the Ice Caves. It rained the whole time, but it was still so fun.
Last year when we went, Paisley's legs got tired and she ended up riding on Daddy's shoulders. This year, she walked the entire way. I'm proud of that girl. She's becoming such a fun little adventurer!
6. Cheers to starting new routines/getting back to old routines tomorrow!
7. I like my kids rested.
8. Having them normally well rested has really made life with 3 little ones way easier.
9. Sleep is good.....okay, enough about sleep.
10. I've been wearing her on my back lately and having her on my front was sweet, but my word, that girl is getting heavy. At her last appointment, she was 27lbs. Having her on my back is MUCH more comfortable. But, that face....I just can't get over it.
11. Even though is was raining, it was still gorgeous. The fog and the mountains were amazing!
14. Anyway- one of the questions I asked him was if he'd choose apple pie or pumpkin pie at that very moment and as soon as I said the word PIE, Judah suddenly piped in. "Did someone say PIE??? PIE? We're having pie?!"
15. You guessed it, that night I ended up making a pumpkin pie at 6pm.
16. For all who want to know, Pumpkin Pie tastes WAY better in August or September than it does after you've stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving and you're only eating it to make the person who brought it happy.
17. The funny thing is that I didn't realize that the recipe makes TWO pies. So, we ended up bringing one over to our new neighbors who've I've been needing to introduce myself to anyway.
18. So, basically- make a pumpkin pie. I forgot how good it is!
Mobile Food Fight for Hunger.
20. This event was absolutely a blast! I mean, what's better than the Top 10 food trucks of Seattle, serving up amazing food, all for a great cause???
21. I had British Fish & Chips, from the Nosh food truck and I was absolutely blown away! It doesn't hurt that the guy taking orders is full of charisma either- and that he has a real British accent. Next time I'm in Seattle, I'm going to track down this food truck again. It was out of this world.
22. One of the best family photos we've had in a long time. I'm so glad these are my people.
25. September is going to hopefully continue to be a great month for the garden. Right now we have tomatoes turning everyday.