Seeing as we're almost a third of the way through the year, I thought I'd take a moment to go back over my "12 Books I'd Like to Read in 2015" list and give a little update with where I'm at.
Here are the books that were on my list:
Here are a few of the books I've read.......
1. Hands Free Mama- I absolutely loved, loved, loved this book. I can't recommend it highly enough and if you think it's only about putting your phone down more, think again. This book encouraged me to play with my kids and look for the special moments, which she calls "sunset moments". This book was excellent.
2. Love Does- This book was a quick easy read. It inspired me to show my love for the people in my life with action. I love how Bob Goff writes and I think he seems like an amazing man. I hope he writes another book!
3. Day Hike, North Cascades- Well, this book isn't so much a book to sit and read cover to cover, but I'm happy to own it and I love having it as a reference. I love how it lists hikes by location, skill level and it gives a lot of information for each hike. Definitely a good book to own.
4. Passionate Nutrition- This book started out a bit heavy for me, but I think it's coming around. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and I'm starting to like it better than when I started it. What I'm enjoying about her perspective is how she encourages her reader to heal their body with food, not medicine. She views food as fuel. When we eat in a positive way, we can give our body health, energy and make ourselves better people. Her message is not "dieting", but life long habits of choosing health for our bodies. I like that.
6. Doula Books- These books weren't on my list either, but after a very inspiring coffee date with a dear friend, I decided to start doing the required reading, just in case I ever do pursue becoming a doula. The only thing that holds me back is the darn childcare piece. Having to plan around when I lady could go into labor, is like the most complicated thing.
So, who knows when or if I'll ever pursue this....In the meantime, I've been enjoying these books.
If you haven't entered the giveaway yet for these wonderful children's books, head over and enter right now. It ends in less than two days!
Click here for the giveaway.